[wdmaudiodev] Re: Vista Sample Rate Changes

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:10:00 +1100

Neetu asked:

>Something related to this : It looks like that 88.2 kHz and 176.4 kHz is not
>enumerated when >SRB_GET_DATA_INTERSECTION is sent. Is that true?

That appears to be true.

>So now my question is : Is there any other way to get things done so that only
>current sample
>rate used by device is shown on Advance tab?

In a word, no. Apparently by design in Vista, only the user can set the
hardware sampling rate, not the hardware itself. About all you can do is set a
default format in the INF file using the PKEY_AudioEndpoint_Association and
PKEY_AudioEngine_OEMFormat entries to make it something other than 44.1kHz
16-bit stereo, but that probably won't achieve what you want to do.

Jeff