[wdmaudiodev] Re: Virtual Mic driver

  • From: "Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:37:59 -0700

Hi, Henrik,

Look at the AVSSAMP sample driver in the DDK. Remove all the Video code and
you should have something very close to what you want. You will just need to
change the driver so that instead of reading from a file on the hard disk,
it accepts audio data from a program. There are a couple of different ways
to transfer data from user mode to kernel mode. Considering that this sample
is available what you want to do is relatively easy.

Having said that, I should warn you that if you have not written an NT
Kernel Driver before this will not be an easy task. So you should make sure
you have adequate time allocated.

Good luck and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

  _____