[wdmaudiodev] Debugging an APO

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:24:59 -0700

I'm just digging in to the creation of a GFX APO, and I'm looking for a few debugging tips.

I don't seem to see my OutputDebugString output in dbgview when my DLL is loaded into the audio engine service. I do see the messages when it gets loaded by Control Panel, but that's not the interesting case.

How can I insert a new version while I'm debugging? Even if I disable the Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services and disable my HDAUDIO device, my APO DLL remains loaded in one of the service host processes, and I can't copy a new version into place while it is loaded.

Any debug hints from folks who have been in the trenches would be appreciated.