[wdmaudiodev] Re: Source pins and Sysaudio

  • From: Matt Gonzalez <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:54:09 -0700

Couldn't you just change the category GUID for the pin in question?

Matt

Jeff Claar wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have an AVStream filter that has one sink pin and one source pin.
However, the source pin is not meant to be used as a Capture
device...rather, my driver internally connects the source pin to another
sink pin on another filter.

My problem is that Sysaudio is seeing my source pin and assuming that my
filter is a capture device, and so my device is showing up as a
recording device in the Sounds and Audio control panel. I need this
source pin to connect to the sink pin, so I can't get rid of it, and if
I change the communication parameters, I can no longer connect to the
sink pin.

Is there a way to prevent Sysaudio from assuming my source pin is a
capture pin?

Thanks for any help,
Jeff