[wdmaudiodev] Re: Sound card with 3 seconds latency

  • From: "Mathieu Routhier" <mrouthier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:20:59 -0500

Guenter,

The best you can do is report your position through KSPROPERTIES.  If the
application that plays your song does not query that information to adjust
the play ticker, it was not designed to do so and there is no way you can
modify your driver so the application behaves better.  The application MUST
care about that for the cursor to be adjusted.

I'd say you've already done your homework!  Out of curiosity, why the heck
do you have such a huge latency?

Mat