[wdmaudiodev] Sound card with 3 seconds latency

  • From: Guenter Hildebrandt <G.Hildebrandt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:09:34 +0100

Hi,

I develop a AVStreaming driver for a sound card with a latency of 3 seconds. I want to report the current "Play" position to the audio player.

I have implemented the properties:
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_LATENCY
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_POSITION

KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_LATENCY is never requested, KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_POSITION is periodically requested by the contents does not have an influence to the position bare of the player or to the behavior on the end of a song.

Does anybody know which requests must be implemented to handle a sound card with a large latency correctly.

Thanks

Guenter