[wdmaudiodev] Re: Running wdm drivers on win 7 built on win 8.1

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 16:11:07 +0000

I cannot actually build them all from the same code. I have to comment out
the new interface to build on win 7 config.

You would use conditional compilation to have the drivers that are targeted to
Windows 8.1 (or later) use the new features. E.g.:

#if NTDDI_VERSION >= NTDDI_WINBLUE
// Windows 8.1 or later
#endif

Its just more easier to have a single package.

It’s easier to have a single package, sure.

But it’s much, much more difficult to create a single package that works on
Windows 7 and also takes advantage of Windows 8.1 features. You don’t want to
go there.