[wdmaudiodev] Re: Running wdm drivers on win 7 built on win 8.1

  • From: Parinitha Kashyap <parinitha.kashyap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:20:57 -0700

The minimum target config I can use is win 8.1 since the audio signal
processing interface is available only from 8.1.

*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Parinitha Kashyap <
parinitha.kashyap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I cannot target win 7 since I have implemented audio signal processing
interface and it will not compile if I use win 7.

*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Parinitha Kashyap wrote:

I have a wdm audio driver that I have built on windows 8.1 (x64). I
use visual studio 2013 and wdk 8.1. It runs successfully on windows
8.1 and 10 but it fails to install on windows 7. When I build the
driver on win 8.1, do I need to make any special configuration for it
to run on win 7 or win 8? I am using the target config win8.1Debug|x64.

You need to use the target config "Win 7 Debug | x64". As a general
rule, you should always target the earliest operating system you need to
support.