[wdmaudiodev] Re: Question about IAudioSessionControl & Candy Crush Soda Saga

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "'Pete Brown (WDG/PAX)'" <Pete.Brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 09:21:24 -0800

Vincent Burel (VB-Audio) wrote:

Candy Crush Soda Saga is used by millions of users since years on WIN10… I cannot be the one who fill the bug in Feedback Hub, it is statistically not possible!

Of course it is.  What is the statistical likelihood that any other Candy Crush user has ever enumerated the audio sessions when that app is running, or cares one whit that there are two entries in the audio mixer?  It doesn't affect usability in any way

When I put a question regarding audio driver here, I get no reply…, I remind you that I’m still waiting replies regarding the HLK certification process that no-one at Microsoft tested with the SYSVAD … Do you prefer I come back to these subjects?

I think you tend to lose track of the fact that this forum is NOT in any way an official Microsoft support portal.  This is a volunteer peer-support group, which happens to have some extremely valuable participation by members of the Microsoft audio team.  No one is obligated in any way to respond to any of your questions. If you want official answers, you need to go through the Microsoft support process and pay to open a ticket.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.