[wdmaudiodev] Low-Latency & 24bit Output from User-Mode

  • From: wdm <wdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:02:01 +0200

Hi...

although beeing subscribed to this mailing-list for some
time now, I have not done much using sound-output yet.

As I want to write a little VST-Host to be able to play
some soft-synths without need for big programs like cubase
etc and possibly no need for a soundcard with ASIO-support,
I=B4d like to know if I can

a.) send 24bit streams to the soundcard
b.) have minimal latency <20 msec

I read that the kmixer has an inherent latency of about
30 msec - is there any way I can circumvent this yet?

Or will this be possible when Direct X 9 is released?

Plattforms of choice are: W2K & XP

Tobias