[wdmaudiodev] AW: Firewire Audio

  • From: wdm <wdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:31:36 +0200

=20
> My company is in the process of developing a firewire
> audio device, and intend to provide support for it via
> several driver models; on windows, these are ASIO and
> WDM.

Is this product based on mLAN/Audio and Music Data
Transmission Protocol , or do you plan on implementing
some kind proprietary stuff?

> I heard a rumour that there's a Firewire Audio device
> driver on its way from Microsoft... is there any news
> on this?

I=B4ve seen somewhere that MS supposedly supports the AM
protocol stuff with XP.  Also Yamaha does not seem to
be willing to support W2K for their mLAN-drivers. But
I don=B4t know what=B4s the reason for this...

Tobias