[wdmaudiodev] GFX APO loading/debugging

  • From: Preston Fick <pffick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 17:23:38 -0500

I am working on a GFX APO and I can load it on my development machine
without issues (driver loads and property page loads).

However when I put it on my test machine the APO shows up in Device Manager
with the standard Windows HD Audio driver without problem codes, but I
cannot see my System Effects property page. I rolled back to the Swap
sample and it does the same thing. I am using 64 bit for both platforms
(compiling for Windows Vista, loading on Windows 8), but the audio devices
for each platform is different.

It seems the key here is getting the endpoint correct - I'm pretty certain
that ths is right (on my development machine it is eHeadphoneWave and
eHeadphoneTopo, on the test machine it is eSpeakerWave and eSpeakerTopo).
If I load it on other endpoints I can see the Enhancements audio tab, but
when I load it on the eSpeakerXXX endpoint it shows no property page for
effects at all. This tells me it's restricting the load of the generic APO,
but is failing during my APO's loading process.

I've added debug messages to the APO and Property Page DLLs, and it looks
like they might not even be loading at all.

I'm looking for some suggestions on where I might continue to debug this
problem.

Thanks!
Preston