[wdmaudiodev] Re: GFX APO loading/debugging

  • From: Preston Fick <pffick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 01:00:56 -0500

Hi Matthew -

Yes - that's the weird part. From the registry standpoint it looks like
everything is loading fine and all the keys/values from the INF for the APO
and it's properties are in their proper places.

I spent a lot of time debugging this tonight, and the last thing I did was
change the audio format on the stock HD Audio driver before updating with
my custom APO. After this the APO loads, the property page came up as
expected and everything works. I wouldn't expect that to be the root of a
problem like this. I'm unsure if there was something going on with the
system itself, or if the audio format had an effect. Unfortunately I can't
get the machine back into a state where it won't load the APO.

Once I get through development I have other fresh machines of the same type
to use for final testing, so if I get a concrete answer I'll follow up to
the group, but if anything stands out I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
Preston