[wdmaudiodev] Re: Default Format

  • From: NCH Obble Smith <Obble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:53:46 +1100

Hi all,

I've been searching for a way to get the default format of the PCM/FLOAT traveling to the sound card.

I've found the data is placed in Irp->AssociatedIrp.SystemBuffer after the minidriver processes the KSPROPERTY_PIN_DATAINTERSECTION event. But I've noticed a strange thing where 1 of my USB devices, a "Creative USB Sound Blaster" is reported it can handle 96Khz 32bits 8 Channels but the data flowing is only 44100Khz 16bits 2 chs. This event reports the correct value of 2 other devices so am I missing something here when getting the default play format?

 Cheers.