[wdmaudiodev] Need help in understanding "No Audio Hardware Available error" for Directsound Renderer Filter

  • From: Abhay dey <abhay.gauranga.das@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:23:45 +0530

Hi All,
        I have a Virtual Audio Driver based on AVStream. I am having problem
in renderer filter

It's Wave Renderer filter that works fine always. Most of the time
Directsound filter also connects and works fine. But sometimes(very rarely)
while connecting to Directsound filter it gives error 0x80040256 i.e. *"No
audio hardware available"*. Once this error occurs it continues to occur
everytime, until next reboot.
I used IRP tracker to monitor IRPs, but when that error occurs no IRPs are
created.

I have also checked my driver logs. There is no error occurred, and same
code continues execute successfully for Wave filter.

Interestingly, to get rid of this quickly on XP. If I set Hardware
Acceleration to low and again set to high, then onwards again it starts
working fine.
On Vista there is no such hardware acceleration setting, so on Vista I have
to do reboot to get rid of this error.

Does anybody has any suggestion in understanding this issue ?
Can this happen due to some missing topology implementation ?

Topology for Renderer Filter looks like this,

//

//     Sink   o--|-->[Vol]->[SuperMix]->[Vol]->[SRC]->[SUM]->[DAC] --|-->
Bridge

//

Thanks in advance,
Abhay