[wdmaudiodev] Re: Crash in Sysaudio.sys

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:43:43 -0700

Tim Roberts wrote:

A year ago, Daniel Germann reported on this list that his WaveCyclic driver was triggering a crash very early in sysaudio.sys!AddPinToFilterNode. My TV audio/video capture filter is triggering the same crash at the same point in sysaudio.sys!AddPinToGraphNode. If Daniel is still watching, what was the resolution of your problem?

The problem starts when I add KSCATEGORY_AUDIO to my filter category list. If I omit that, I can force an audio graph together in graphedt and it works fine, but the audio doesn't render by default.

Found it.

Sysaudio.sys requires that the audio pins have some kind of topology. Further, that topology must pass through at least one internal node (you can't go straight from a KSFILTER_NODE pin to a KSFILTER_NODE pin, as I tried to do). Further, there must be some kind of node descriptor for that internal path. Disobey any of those rules, and Sysaudio throws a friendly blue-screen fit.

After cleaning that up, my KSCATEGORY_AUDIO processing works.

<sarcasm>All of this is extraordinarily well-documented, of course. </sarcasm>

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx