[wdmaudiodev] Class Compliant USB MIDI Issues

  • From: "Michael Webster" <mwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:26:33 -0800

MessageHello All,

I've been running into some strange behavior in XP Pro with class compliant
USB MIDI devices.
I have a class compliant USB MIDI device plugged in and I open an
application (MIDI-OX, Ableton Live, Acid Pro) that opens the MIDI port.
Then I close the application and unplug the USB MIDI device (or cycle power
on it).
When I plug the device back in the USB port is hosed. USB View shows nothing
attached to the host controller.  It does not recognize that the device is
there.
Initially I was restarting XP to get the device to be recognized again.
Recently I've found that the device will come back after 3-4 minutes.

I'm seeing the same problem with devices from two different manufacturers.
My guess is that the USBAudio.sys MIDI driver is getting hung up and not
unloading properly, but that's just a guess.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any clues what's going on?

Michael