[wdmaudiodev] Change default sound format with an inf File in Win7

  • From: Ueli Giger <giger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:57:22 +0100

Hello everybody

My goal is to change the default format of a USB soundcard by the
installation over the inf file.
I work with an USB Audio Codec from TI (PCM2904) and for our application
we need
the default format Stereo, 16 Bit, 44100 Hz.
The soundcard installs standardly the standard usb audio device driver
with the wdma_usb.inf.
My idea was now to modify the wdma_usb.inf according to these two
discussions to change the
default format:

//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/sample-rate-control-on-Vista,18
//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/USB-audio-changes-in-Vista,7

My problem is that I've no idea where I must place the modifications
discussed in the
threads above. Or is my idea to change the wdma_usb.inf totally wrong?
Is there another way
to change the format over a seperate inf file?

Thanks for your answers and best regards
Ueli Giger