[wdmaudiodev] Re: Change default sound format with an inf File in Win7

  • From: Ueli Giger <giger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:14:54 +0100

Hello

Sorry when I ask for a second time, but it is very important for us to solve this problem. So does anyone know how I can remove this extra gain in win 7?

best regards
Ueli Giger

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: [wdmaudiodev] Re: Change default sound format with an inf File in Win7
Von: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 23.02.2010 20:14
If the device is offering both mono and stereo 16-bit 44100Hz, Windows 7 should
default to using the stereo format. Are you sure you see this behavior on a
clean install of Windows 7?

Regarding your observation of gain, first let me ask: does this USB device implement a
Volume feature unit? I ask this because Windows 7 does have a known issue applying extra
gain to audio capture devices that do not implement their own volume control "in the
hardware".

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft