[wdmaudiodev] Accumulated delay in MSVAD based virtual audio driver

  • From: Anton Shpakovsky <anton.shpakovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:58:48 +0700

Hi,

I have the virtual microphone driver based on MSVAD. I have implemented the
CopyFrom function - the audio data is received from my client application
through my API.
I send pieces of audio data that are 50msec, 44100Hz, 16bit strereo sound =
8800 bytes.

When I set up the DMA_BUFFER_SIZE to 100 or even 200 msec, I still have
choppy audio. If I understood correctly, the DMA buffer cursors are being
updated too frequently.
I have increased the buffer size to 2 seconds (352800bytes) - and the sound
became smooth now. BUT I'm experiencing the annoying delay in signal.
I.e. after I'm using my mic during a minute, the sound delay equals 2
seconds and there is no way to fix it until I restart my application.

This timing problem is driving me mad. Please, point me to the right
direction.

Thanks a lot,
Anton.