[wdmaudiodev] Re: Accumulated delay in MSVAD based virtual audio driver

  • From: CS <siedschl@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:52:28 +0200

Sounds like you are doing some computationally expensive things in CopyFrom... could that be the case?

Christian

Am 28.04.2011 05:58, schrieb Anton Shpakovsky:
Hi,

I have the virtual microphone driver based on MSVAD. I have implemented the CopyFrom function - the audio data is received from my client application through my API. I send pieces of audio data that are 50msec, 44100Hz, 16bit strereo sound = 8800 bytes.

When I set up the DMA_BUFFER_SIZE to 100 or even 200 msec, I still have choppy audio. If I understood correctly, the DMA buffer cursors are being updated too frequently. I have increased the buffer size to 2 seconds (352800bytes) - and the sound became smooth now. BUT I'm experiencing the annoying delay in signal. I.e. after I'm using my mic during a minute, the sound delay equals 2 seconds and there is no way to fix it until I restart my application.

This timing problem is driving me mad. Please, point me to the right direction.

Thanks a lot,
Anton.