[wdmaudiodev] Re: AW: OT: WinDbg Setup

  • From: "Peter Scott" <PScott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:22:48 -0700

This is not quite true. You can set up Windbg to run over a network, see
remote debugging in the documentation. You just have a remote 'server'
connected to the debugged clients via serial ports and you can remotely
connect to that 'server' over the network and debug the clients.

Also, debugging any system, via firewire or serial, will slow, slightly,
the debugged system and cause timing to change. The more spew you are
putting out from the debuggee the greater the timing affects.

Pete

Peter Scott
PScott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.KernelDrivers.com