[wdmaudiodev] AW: DirectSound and PowerDVD/WinDVD Strange behavior

  • From: "Stephan Kappertz" <stephan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:56:06 +0200

You should check the pins ConnectionInterface.Id when the pin is
created. Most likely the ConnectionInterface is
KSINTERFACE_STANDARD_LOOPED_STREAMING. This means that your driver
receives just one valid circular buffer when playback starts. It is
supposed to loop through this buffer until playback stops. The current
DMA position that your driver reports will be used to update the portion
of the circular buffer with new data that is currently NOT played.

Stephan