[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream: sound quality depends on the usage, why?

  • From: "alexander ivash" <elderorb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:17:05 +0300

After switching to KSPIN_FLAG_INITIATE_PROCESSING_ON_EVERY_ARRIVAL seems like the issues with sound cropping/delays when using 'Capture Audio Device' in graphedit got resolved and now 'WDM Capture' and 'Capture Audio' both behave good (although for some reasons I can see that CCapturePin changes its state from KSSTATE_RUN to KSSTATE_PAUSE infinitely).

As for the mic preview - I still hear distorted sound. This is definitely not related to timings.. As for the audio formats, as soon as I select mic preview, I see that CAudioCapturePin::DispatchSetFormat gets called and 'Pin -> ConnectionFormat' is the following:

CAudioCapturePin::DispatchSetFormat
new format:
  wFormatTag = 1:
  nChannels = 2:
  nSamplesPerSec = 44100:
  nAvgBytesPerSec = 176400:
  nBlockAlign = 4:
  wBitsPerSample = 16:
  cbSize = 0:

... which is exactly what I expect at the moment. What else besides the format could be the reason of sound distortion? Is it possible to access graph built when mic preview is selected from another tool to review its properties?

Regards, Alexander

URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: