[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream: sound quality depends on the usage, why?
- From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 15:07:21 -0700
Alexander Ivash wrote:
After a lot of trials and errors I finally managed to register driver
as virtual mic. But now I confronted another issue. Dependently on how
I'm testing driver I can hear different types of sound corruptions.
1. If use via graphedit as 'WDM Streaming Capture Device' - no problem
at all, everything works just fine.
2. If use via graphedit as 'Audio Capture Sources' - sound cropped,
but at least sounds similar to what it should be
3. If use checkbox 'listen' in mixer's properties - sound is
4. If I select virtual mic in skype - sound quality is something in
between 1 & 2 - sound is similar to what it should be, and nearly not
cropped, although delayed.
Are you getting different audio formats selected in those four cases?
For what it's worth, I have seen the same behavior with audio drivers.
I suspect it is a timing issue. How are you doing the timing? Are you
returning data as soon as it is demanded, or are you delaying to
simulate a real hardware stream?
What could be the reason for such behaviour? I'll check release build
of the driver with no debug tracing enabled to make sure debug build
is not the root cause.
Debug output can make a huge difference if you are in the real-time path.
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Post message: mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
URL to WDMAUDIODEV page:
Other related posts: