[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream miniport driver design question

  • From: Igor Slewsarev <slewsarev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:06:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello, Waldemar!

Thanks for your help. But it seems to me You have
misunderstood me.
I have to write a KS driver for a PCI device which has
16 separate ADC (and 16
input jacks) and one shared DMA controller. So each
ADC can work independently
and produce separate output stream. Now I realize that
from the point of view
of any user mode capture application it should be 16
separate devices, am I
wright?. If so, I have to make choice between writing
of my own proprietary bus
driver (or using mf.sys) and expressing this
'multifunctionality' by means of
KS subsystem (I am thinking about 16 filter factories
each with one sink pin
factory and etc.). If not, I suppose, it should be one
filter-factory which
constructs a filter with 16 pins. In any case, main
requirement is to allow
user to select definite input jack as a system default
sound recording device.

Sum: I should correct my question. Really I'm
interesting in
1) how to properly describe my device as
multifunctional (if it really needed)
2) how to make my device(s) to be visible to waveIn
API and
3) how to add my filter (or filters?) to a list of a
system sound recording
   devices.
4) is it necessary to implement class factory for a
topology filter (if I only
   can control volume for each stream)?

Sincerely,
Igor Slewsarev.