[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream miniport driver design question

  • From: Waldemar Haszlakiewicz <waldemar.haszlakiewicz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Igor Slewsarev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:09:27 +0100

You can set first a filterFactory ("filter") with more than a stereo
capabilities -> for those
programs which can have surround or similar features.
Then you can set a filterFactory for every stereo channel you have.

For filters you don't have to support any dispatch routines if you really don't
need to ->
but you'll need them for pins.
KSPIN_DESCRIPTOR_EX definition can be the same for all channels (except for
that multichannel one ->
where KSDATARANGE_AUDIO and similar will be different).

Take notice that in KSDATARANGE_AUDIO you define if the "pin" is a mono,
stereo, multichannel one.

Now you need to register interfaces too -> you can do it in inf file or you can
use
KsCreateFilterFactory or you can set everything in KSDEVICE_DESCRIPTOR already.

If you'll need any help with KsCreateFilterFactory just mail me and I'll help
you out.

Now if you'll want to support MME and DirectX users you'll have to define
KSDATARANGE_AUDIO
with KSDATAFORMAT_SPECIFIER_WAVEFORMATEX and KSDATAFORMAT_SPECIFIER_DSOUND ->
one after another.
The second one will signal that you support DirectX to.

Sum: you just define need to define one KSPIN_DESCRIPTOR_EX and a second one
for multichannel if you
wish.

Any other questions just ask.

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz