[wdmaudiodev] 24/32 Waves cause buzz on Stop (Slightly off topic)

  • From: Carlton Guc <carlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WDM Audio Dev List <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:47:53 -0500

Our application is playing 24 and 32 bit files and when we do a STOP on the
buffer we are getting a strange buzzing sound (few bytes left in memory playing
=
over and over again).

This code:

criticalSection.Lock ();

SetVolume (-10000);

m_pDSBuffer->Stop ();
m_pDSBuffer->Release ();
m_pDSBuffer =3D NULL;

criticalSection.Unlock ();

is causing the problem. The DSBuffer is valid and when the ->Stop function is
called we are getting the noise of the last few bytes of data left in the
buffer. =
The SetVolume has no effect (hoping to set volume out before I got the buzz).

We are using DirectX 8.1 and this problem ONLY happens with 24 or 32 bit files.
It does not happen with 16 bit files.=20

Any thoughts?

Tx.
Carlton