[wdmaudiodev] Shut Down Question?

  • From: "Jay Schwichtenberg" <jays@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WdmAudio" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:18:25 -0800

Hello,

I'm working on a Kernel Streaming audio driver (testing under XP) and I'm
having problems finding the shut down calls. I need to get shut down calls
to make sure the card is really shut down. In the KSDEVICE_DISPATCH
structure I've defined: Start, Stop, QueryStop, CancelStop, QueryRemove,
CancelRemove, Remove, SurpriseRemoval, QueryPower, SetPower. I've also
defined DriverUnload in the DriverEntry DRIVER_OBJECT. I've put DbgPrints
and int 3s to get output to SoftIce but get no breakpoints. Only thing I can
think of is I'm not getting the right IRP serviced or SoftIce is gone by the
time things are unloaded.

Any ideas or suggestions?

BTW if you are using RC1 of the DDK you might find the following helpful
(Martin, might want to look into these):
* There is an added undocumented structure item in KSDEVICE_DISPATCH called
QueryInterface which was added in version 0x100. Check out ks.h.
* The description of QueryPower input parameters is wrong, look at the
header file ks.h.
* I found the description of the IRP_MN_QUERY_POWER & IRP_MN_SET_POWER
Parameters.Power.State a bit misleading. There is an addtional level in
there of SystemState or DeviceState that isn't expicidly stated. Again look
at the header file wdm.h if I've confussed you.

Thanks in advance!
Jay