[volvogroup] Re: idleing problem

  • From: "Athal Christie" <athal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <volvogroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:09:35 -0600

B23E = no O2 sensor (lambda) and no CIS. Sounds like the base idle is set
correctly (900rpm warm), it's the cold idle valve on the valve cover that is
probably not working as it once did. You can muck around with it and make sure
it works, but you may not have much luck. I'm sure you're whole intake,
throttle body, flow plate could use a cleaning, that would probably help.

Do the non-lambda kjet cars have a warm up regulator for fuel? I can't
remember, but if they do, part of that could be faulty. Hopefully you'll be at
the bbq and we can take a look. Like Brad said too, get a manual if you don't
have one, you can learn alot just by flipping through it.