[volvogroup] Re: idleing problem

  • From: Brad Sanche <brad.sanche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: volvogroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:26:37 -0600

o2 sensor or cis unit (idle valve) for sure.  your heating cct in O2 may be fried, causing your engine to run like crap until exhaust heats the sensor to 1400+.  Your idle valve can be checked by cleaning then exposing to different temps, under which it should open/close accordingly.  There is plenty of info on the valve in haynes manuals.

Brad.

Haralabos wrote:
hay guys my volvo like to idel at about 300 rpm's when you just start it up
for the first time, it's very near to shut off. But when it warms up it sits
at about 900 rpm's where it should. I don't want to mess around with idleing
screw because it will fix one problem and wrech the other. Please help me

Bob Balafas
242 B23E