[volvogroup] Re: Some 240 Fun Stuff...

  • From: Tyler McLaren <tyler.ewert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: volvogroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:43:35 -0600

Ok, I just got the internet back after about a week and a half of useless Shaw
employee's.

Anyways, I would love to take some of that stuff from you Dale but nothing
seems to be going right in my financial situation. I hope some of that stuff is
still there when everything gets straightened out. Once again, my appologies.

Ohh and this just in, my tenant's are moving out. I'm happy but that full
mortgage payment is going to kill me till I get new people in.
Anyone looking for a place? $850/month + your share of Util. Its about
1200sq/ft 3 bedroom house and you get about half the basement too!

Tyler
From: Dale W <dgwalmsley@xxxxxxx>
To: volvogroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [volvogroup] Re: Some 240 Fun Stuff...
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:36:46 -0600

More stuff...

A 90+ turbo exhaust manifold...minor cracks but which one doesn't? Has the stepped type flange... $50

A later 164 or early 264 tail light. Plastic is nice but missing the chrome strip across the middle...

Some stock intercooler piping...

Saab intercooler...$25

A bunch of gauges...voltage gauges, clocks, 3-bar oil pressure gauges with senders, single bezels, triple bezels.

A set of front control arms. Been bead blasted. One has been POR 15'd. Waiting for poly bushings...

I'm sure I'll find more

Dale

Dale W wrote:
Bob,

I'm home this afternoon cleaning up the garage and finding more stuff to sell. I should be home tomorrow until later in the afternoon when I have to staff a bingo. 279-5299...give me a call...

I should've asked more for the springs...they're already spoken for... If Chris backs out, they're yours...

I've also got a substantially ported efi intake manifold. It was opened up at the throttle body opening to accept a monster BMW throttle body. I've got the BMW throttle body too but I had to rescind the adapter to the original owner. Shouldn't be terribly difficult to replicate if you know the right people...

I've got a stock efi intake manifold too, along with the fuel rail and green top injectors and stock throttle body.

I've got some custom 3" intake plumbing along with a K&N cone filter. It includes the section between the intercooler and t/b and the cold air intake...

At last count I think I had 12 or 16 loose green top injectors and 8 brown tops...

I've got two fuel rails...one with the fpr location right in the fuel rail and the other with the fpr hanging down low...

I've also got a few late 142/early 242 tail light lenses. They're pretty nice if I recall correctly. I think I tossed the crappy ones.

I have switches and relays up the ying yang...

Email me if you need something in particular...

More later...

Dale

Haralabos wrote:
hay Dale,

I was woundering if I could purchase the exaust manifold and the fuel injectors since you were cleaning out your garage just give me a date and I can come and pick it up. I'm interested in the Eure Sport 240 lowering springs I wouldn't mind coming to take a look at them. Are the some what the same ones as ipd has that loweres you around an inch or so if they are I want to buy them thanks.

From: Dale WALMSLEY <dgwalmsley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, September 23, 2005 12:32 pm
Subject: [volvogroup] Some 240 Fun Stuff...

Well...Tyler seems to be somewhat preoccupied these days and I need
to sell some stuff to get enough money together to buy a 122 so I
guess this would fall under the "you snooze, you lose" category...
Prices are in US$ as I'm going mostly on what these things cost me...

1. Eaton GM V6 supercharger M42? Crap...I forget the number...spins
nicely. I have a new set of "rear" bearings for it. I also have a
matchingAMM for it. $100

2. Centerforce Stage 1 clutch and p/p. Slightly used but loads of
lifeleft in it. $100

3. Holset turbo. This is a non-wastegated turbo. It's not as large
as the HX35 but is quite a bit bigger than our T3's and Mitsu's. 0
miles after a full rebuild. It's like new. I have an Audi external
wastegate I'll throw in with it... $150

4. Front Bilstein HD's. Got them from Brad. He put one season on them
so they're like new. The race car will likely get coil overs and my
245 has good front struts. $125

5. GT Door pockets. These are special door pockets designed for
earlier cars that had just the fabric pockets. These are rigid
plastic but
not as brittle as the later ones. They are also shorter (length) but
deeper. Black with an orange stripe to match a GT interior. I paid
a bunch on eBay for these a couple of years back. $50

6. I've got a bunch of Saab CBV's and I think I have a couple extra
Audi external wastegates...

7. R-Sport clusters. I've got 2 of these. One is on nice shape. The
other has a crack across the speedo glass. I've got at least 1 10 bar
sender for the oil pressure gauge. $125 for the nicer one. $100 for
the other one.

8. Buick Grand National pistons. These are Diamond Racing forged
aluminum. They are a bit funky and will need some machining to the
deck but they're
96.65mm... I have 6. $125 for all 6. No rings or wrist pins.

9. Titanium valves. 7mm stem to match the 16V size. Way to big right
now. Cut them down, cut the stems shorter and maching retainer
profiles and you've got valves that weigh about 1/2 of the stock
valve. $75
for 16 valves. Check Del West and see what these things cost new...

10. SBC wrist pins. Ex NASCAR pieces. Casidiam coated. Perfect
condition. $75 for a set of 8.

11. BBC Wrist pins. Brand new. I bought them to work with the GN
pistons but someone's measurements were off by about 1 thou...
They're that
much too big. $75 for a set of 8.

This is only a partial listing. I forgot my list at home and as I
clean out the garage this weekend, I'll find more stuff, no doubt.

I've got pictures of all this stuff, just not on my computer at work.
I can send them on request or...stop by and see them for yourself.
Most of you know where I live...

While I'd like to sell this stuff locally, I'm not about to take
lowball offers just to get rid of it. It'll go on eBay shortly and
you can
scrap it out with a hundred other people...

Thanks,

Dale

Enjoy 25MB of inbox storage and 10MB per file attachment with MSN Premium. Join now and get the first two months FREE*
--- End Message ---