Plextor PTR1 Questions.

  • From: "George Zaynoun" <g.zaynoun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <voicerec-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:26:57 +0100

Hello friends.

I bought a 256MB viking compact flash card and also a 5GB Toshiba hard drive
for my PTR1.  Now since the sound of the little motor in the hard drive is
heard in the internal microphone while recording I am intending to make the
original recordings on the flash card and when full transfer them to the
hard drive.  This means I begin recording a title on the card and add to it
as much as I can, say 7 hours of reading then move this existing title to
the hard drive.  Now once the card is empty I want to work again on my
previously created title that I already moved to the hard drive since I
moved all contents of the flash card to the hard drive, i.e I want to add to
that very same title.  I know the easiest and simplest way is buy a external
microphone but I want to begin that way, can somebody tell what files to
leave on the card if I have to so it adds to a existing title on the hard
drive or how to do this?  I am going to do this file moving operation
between flash card and hard drive on a laptop.  Or do I have to back up card
to cdrw first then cdrw to hard drive to edit and finally backup hard drive
to cd after all editing is done?  And while moving data here and there, I am
worried about heading levels and pages of course.

Thanks, George.

(without the quotes of course) in the subject of the message.