[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Helen Keller on Optimism

  • From: "Celia Fagnani" <cfagnani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ipresley@xxxxxxx>, <aernet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Discussion about issues related to blindness'" <vision@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <QIAT@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Support Services in Higher Education Disabilities'" <DSSHE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ga-vi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:16:49 -0400

In answer to your question, I cannot begin to count the number of times that
people ask a person that is blind if they use sign language, particularly
when talking to groups of children. They read about Helen Keller and relate
that to every person who is blind. It is not limited to children, but
probably about 90% of the time it is a child who asks.