[visionegg] Re: sound? and multitrial program examples?

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:55:12 -0800

Alex Holcombe wrote:
> hi VisionEgg users, I have two issues on which I'd love any advice or
> pointers:
>
> 1. Does anyone have an example of a multi-trial experiment program
> they could post on the list? It's not clear to me that I'm clearing
> the viewports and disposing of them properly, and I'd like to see how
> it should be done.
Hi Alex,

I've found that not using the FlowControl module makes these sorts of
designs easier, but I don't have any examples at the moment...

> 2. Has anyone found a way to play a sound which provides low
> variability in latency?
> On a 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5 with built-in sound, we have tried:
Unfortunately, I have never had the chance to really pursue this avenue,
so I can't give any good advice. However, I believe that pyglet wraps
OpenAL, so you may be able to use that rather than pyOpenAL.