[visionegg] mysterious image borders

  • From: Gary Lupyan <glupyan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:07:23 -0400

Hey all.  I have this odd problem w/ image artifacts.  For some image
file-monitor combinations a row of black pixels appears along one or several
of the image edges. This makes it impossible to have the image appear
seamlessly on a background (that is, when the background of the image and
the background of the screen is matched, the row of pixels showing up screws
up the seamless presentation of the image on the background.

Image format (bmp, png) doesn't matter.  Image placement on the screen
doesn't matter (the artifacts still appear).
Image size DOES matter.  Slight changes in size can make the borders go
away, but it's a trial and error procedure.

Couple other questions:
1. is there a way to display palettized images using texture stimulus?
2. Is there a way to resize images using texture stimulus? (I know there are
other ways of resizing)

Thanks!