[visionegg] Re: Vsync does not work on dual screen nvidia gts 8800

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:28:59 -0700

Jens Kremkow wrote:
Hi all,

we use a nvidia gts 8800 to run a dual screen setup. The monitor which presents the stimulus has a refresh-rate of 120 Hz, the second monitor 85 Hz. Now I try to run VisionEgg with the vsync option but it tells me that it can not detect the vsync.
I checked that the vsync is activated in the driver, and it is.
Any suggestions what could be the problem? Might it be the dual screen with two different refresh-rates?
Hi Jens,

The VE will attempt to set vsync, but if it cannot it doesn't mean that other means have failed. It should be pretty apparent from your frame rate if the vsync is enabled, regardless of whether the VE succeeded in setting it.

If it's enabled in the drivers but somehow the VE disables it, that's another issue, and we should definitely try to fix it. Please let me know in this case.

-Andrew

--
Andrew D. Straw, Ph.D.
California Institute of Technology