[visionegg] ephys_gui

  • From: "Cohen, Ethan D" <EDC@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:06:30 -0400

Joe:

I had that problem too as a newbie.
I still am not sure where to put modules to load. I am putting them as
subdirectories of the python executable files.

1. First  you have to check you loaded the "Pyro" module at all. From the
cmd line in MS_Windows
Python
Help ()
Modules

See if Pyro was loaded.

It seems you must load pyro to get it to run.

2. Install Pyro and make sure you are successful: you should see a spew of
modules loaded in the cmd box if it loads OK.

3. First I ran ephys_server "python ephys_server".
You should see a windows box for a opening a port 7766 or the like.

Then I ran ephys_gui (I think that ran in python windows as a .pyw file).

Then I was able to get to the construction screens you mentioned.

Not so simple for us newbies.

Ethan.