[visionegg] Re: Who's using the Presentation class?

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:24:10 -0800

Dear Eamon,

I originally wrote the Vision Egg with the Presentation class as the
only way to do flow control. This was when I was doing purely
electrophysiology and I wanted to control the stimulus between trials
just as well as during trials because I was worried about motion
adaptation. Since then, I started doing psychophysics, and I realized
that the Presentation class sometimes makes life harder rather than
easier. I've tried to remove all traces of "the Presentation class is
the only official way to do things" because that's just not true. (Aside
from the fact that there is no "official" way to do anything around
here. :) A majority of the demos are written for the Presentation class,
however, so I do understand if you got that impression. Please let me
know if there are any specific references that threw you -- I will
change them.

One decade when I have a day or two with absolutely nothing better to
do, I'll code up a simple contrast-threshold across spatial frequency
psychophysics experiment using the quest module. I think the experiment
would be a great exercise for an undergraduate neuroscience lab. Or
maybe it'll come when I'm asked to teach such a lab... Or maybe someone
else will beat me to it and contribute it to the Vision Egg demos. Wink.

Cheers!
Andrew