[visionegg] Re: Motion tearing on PC

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:24:55 -0800

Hi Doug,

This seems like it's most likely a driver issue.

The first thing to do is to make sure the Vision Egg is actually using
the latest ATI OpenGL drivers. The exact driver information should be
displayed on the console and saved in the log file. If you do have the
latest OpenGL drivers and you still have this problem, I think you have
5200 at less than $50) or 2) play around with the new, unannounced
win32_vretrace module to achieve (via your own blood, sweat, and tears)
what the drivers should be doing for you.