[visionegg] Re: Options for recording sound during experiments?

  • From: Gijs Plomp <gplomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:55:37 +0900

Have look at pymedia:
http://pymedia.org/tut/
Seems that may do the trick by starting /ending recording at the right place in your code.
Beware of the sounds not starting exactly when the computer gives the play command though. I.e. if you need exact timing, calibration is needed.

Cheers,
Gijs

Neil Halelamien wrote:
What options do I have for recording sound from a microphone during a psychophysics experiment? I'm running in Windows right now, but a cross-platform solution would be ideal. It would also be nice if I could start recording at about the same time as Python's time.clock(), for synchronization purposes.

Thanks!

-- Neil