[visionegg] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:54:12 -0700

Dear Ethan,

(I am CCing this to you directly, because I had to repost it to the
mailing list -- I don't think you're subscribed from the email address
you posted from.)

The only way I have made "movies" (image sequences which I then encoded
using other software) from the VE is along the lines of the makeMovie.py
and makeMovie2.py demo scripts. These will not skip frames because they
wait for the saving to be done before moving to the next frame. Another
alternative would be something like stream the images using VNC and save
to a movie. I have seen some websites that mention how to do it, but
I've never done it myself, nor do I remember which websites those were,
so you're just as well off searching the net as I am.

Let us know if you find any good solutions!
-Andrew