[visionegg] Re: Installing VisionEgg in Snow Leopard

  • From: Jens Kremkow <kremkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 08:00:26 +0200

Dear Andrew, David,

I managed to get it running on Snow Leopard. There were some issues with pygame.
This was the way I got VisionEgg to run.

1. I use MacPorts to install python2.6 and the dependencies.
http://www.macports.org

2. Problems started when I tried to install py-game with MacPorts, it wanted to install a full python2.4 for that. So I stopped the installation of py-game with MacPorts

3. I downloaded pygame from the svn and installed it from source
http://www.pygame.org/wiki/cvs

4. In pygame/Setup.in I changed the SDL path to the one of MacPorts (/ opt/local/include/SDL)
# SDl
SDL = -I/opt/local/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -lSDL

and I had to comment this line, because the camera resulted in a building error # _camera src/_camera.c src/camera_v4l2.c src/camera_v4l.c $(SDL) $ (DEBUG

5. In pygame/config_darwin.py I also had to add the MacPort path
line 32: BASE_DIRS = '/', os.path.expanduser('~/'), '/opt/local/'
line 113: incdirs = ['/opt/local/include', '/opt/local/include/ freetype2/freetype','/opt/local/include/SDL']
line 114: libdirs = ['/opt/local/lib']

Maybe some of these path settings are redundant, but this way it compiled.

I think that was all the trouble I had. I hope it helps.

Best,
Jens

On 24.09.2009, at 23:55, Andrew Straw wrote:

David Somers wrote:
Hi all,

we just bought some new macs and looking to install VisionEgg on these
machines running Snow Leopard (10.6.1).
Has anyone tried this yet?  I'd greatly appreciate any tips/feedback
on this.

Dear David,

I haven't tried yet, but I'd appreciate any reports, including specific
problems.

-Andrew

--
Andrew D. Straw, Ph.D.