[visionegg] Driving two monitors in full-screen mode?

  • From: Mark Tovey <getmark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:00:42 -0400

Hi Andrew,

Having found the docs on spanning multiple monitors with a single screen
(window), I've fiddled around with the settings for
Window width (pixels) and Window height(pixels) on the
Vision Egg - Graphics configuration screen.  I've been able to produce a
1600x600 window this way.  (I gather that get_default_screen() gets its
information from here...?)

If I make the mouse cursor visible, I can even drag it so that it just about
fills two 800x600 monitors.  Of course, the part of the monitor that it does
not fill is the menu bar, and the title bar for the window itself.  I know
that I can eliminate the title bar by checking "No frame around window", but
in that case, I am no longer able to drag the window so that it spans both
monitors.

What I would really like to be able to do is to produce a 1600x600 display
across both monitors in Fullscreen mode so that even the menu-bar
disappears.  Is it possible to do this (in this case,
running under MacOS X)?  How should I go about it?

Thanks!

Mark

--

Mark Tovey
Ph.D. Student, Cognitive Science, Carleton University