[visionegg] Re: Driving two monitors in full-screen mode?

  • From: Mark Tovey <getmark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:12:15 -0400

Hi Andrew,

> I'm sure you've tried fullscreen mode with 1600x600, but I'm curious --
> what happens?

It changes resolutions on the primary screen from 800x600 to (in my case)
1280x854 (TiBook) (leaving the second screen blank).

It then displays what looks like an attempt to display the 1600x600 screen
on the primary (laptop) monitor.  (It looks very similar, and is possibly
identical, to what it does when I initiate full-screen mode with 1280x854
(the actual highest resolution of the laptop).

> get the latest SDL...

Ah, perfect!  Thanks!! I installed the new SDL, and after a restart (the new
framework didn't kick in until then),

> import os
> os.environ['SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS']="0,0"

positioned the screen perfectly so that it spanned both monitors (setting
width to 1600, height to 600, and No frame around window).  All that is now
visible is the menu bar.

I can now try setting up a couple of viewports, and see how that goes.
Thanks very much!

Mark

--

Mark Tovey
Ph.D. Student, Cognitive Science, Carleton University