[visionegg] Re: Cube mapping?

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:55:49 -0700

Hi Tony,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "cube-mapped sphere" -- do you mean something like a skybox? (6 faces of a cube, each with their own texture, drawn at infinity to simulate sky or other distant background?) I haven't implemented anything like that directly, although of course it can be done with 6 TextureStimulus3D instances.

The cube dimension for texture objects is to support 3D texture maps... (I haven't really used them myself except a bit of testing when I wrote that part.)

Cheers!
Andrew

tony@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi!

I'm doing some work with VisionEgg, and I was just starting to think about
implementing a cube-mapped sphere when I noticed that there was a
"dimension='cube'" option for the texture objects.  Am I missing something
crucial here (like, perhaps, that cube mapped spheres already exist and
I'm missing them...)?

I am relatively new to the whole VisionEgg package, and am still working
on getting a good, firm hold on the inheritance taxonomy and what each
object is actually responsible for.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Tony

Andrew D. Straw  Post-doctoral scholar
,-.              Dickinson Lab
\_/              California Institute of Technology
8||}             Mailcode 138-78
/ \              Pasadena CA 91125, USA
`-^
                 email:  astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx