[virusinfo] Hewlett-Packard HTTP Server buffer overflow vulnerability

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: virusinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:32:00 -0800

From; Computer Associates
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/vulninfo/vuln.aspx?id=32455

Hewlett-Packard HTTP Server buffer overflow vulnerability
  Date Discovered: Monday, February 14, 2005
Date Published: Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Last Updated: Tuesday, March 08, 2005

  The information below provides details about this vulnerability.

   Threat Assessment

Overall Risk:  High
Impact:  High
Popularity:  High
Simplicity:  High

 Vulnerability Description

Vulnerability ID:  32455 Discovered By:  Hewlett-Packard Security Team
Exploitable Locally:  No Exploitable Remotely:  Yes
Impact:  A remote attacker can cause a denial of service condition or execute
arbitrary code.
Root Cause:  Software Vulnerability

Hewlett-Packard Web-Enabled Management Software HTTP Server contains a
vulnerability that can allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service
condition or execute arbitrary code. The vulnerability is due to an unclear
design error within the application. If exploited a remote attacker can cause a
denial of service condition or execute arbitrary code.

Recommendations Affected Technologies References

Recommendations
Return to top

Affected Technologies
Hewlett-Packard : HTTP Server 5
Hewlett-Packard : HTTP Server 5.0
Hewlett-Packard : HTTP Server 5.3
Hewlett-Packard : HTTP Server 5.92
Hewlett-Packard : HTTP Server 5.93
Hewlett-Packard : HTTP Server 5.95

 *********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/worm_removal.htm
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member