[vipaudioaccess] Re: Using aux fx

  • From: Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 18:50:00 +0100

Hey lucky, I will try to explain as well as I can.

The easiest way to use an effect is to insert it on one track. In Samplitude, that is what you do with control windows`. You choose an effect, and insert it on Your track, but the effect will be inserted on this track only.

These effects are usually used to modify the sound, as with EQ, compression and modulation effects.

But in other cases, You don't want to modify the sound, but add something to it.

Like if you wanted to built a space around your sounds.

You will most likely want all of your drum tracks to share the same space, same for your vocals or guitars… So, you're going to use things like reverbs and delays To achieve this.

Then, you will want to use the same effect on several tracks, Or, to put it another way, send several tracks to the same effect.

You will need to send tracks, using an aux sand, To a place called a bus, where your delays or reverbs will be inserted.
A bus is a kind of Simplified track, with nothing recorded on it, and its only goal is to receive signal from tracks.
In fact, You are already using one bus, which is your master bus. That is where all your tracks go by default, and this master bus is going to your soundcard, that is how you can hear them.
An aux bus is similar, except it will Be waiting for you to send something into it, it will have no sound at first.
The VIP project already has aux sends and buses by default.
First, make sure to unhide all of your project tracks by pressing control shift enter twice.
Then, at the bottom of your tracks, you will see your aux buses if any, and even your master track at the bottom. If there are no buses, you can Insert one easily from the tracks menu.
So, take one of these buses, which will be called aux 1, and insert a reverb into it, just as you would insert an effect on a regular track.
Then, take one of your tracks and send it to this bus by using aux Send 1 in the aux send Routing window.
Please look at the Samplitude scripts Keystroke documentation for more details.
You will be able to control how much signal from this track you are going to send into your reverb. You can then repeat the same procedure on other tracks and if you feel confident, you can use other aux buses with different effects.
Hope this helped a little,
best regards,

JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 27/02/2017 à 20:01, lucky a écrit :

Hello folks
Can someone explain process of adding and using aux fx? I've watched few videos about it and read about it as well, but still don't understand. Actually the part of the process that I don't understand is how to send or link a track with aux.
I'll greatly appreciate help about this because I really need it.
Best regards