[vip_students] Re: computer clock adjustment.

  • From: "Lists" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:00:38 +0100

Hi Tom,

"Can you please tell me how I might adjust my computer clock? the reason I
ask is that today I got a message from this list which was supposed to have
been sent at 12:31 however my watch told me that it was only 11:am I am
using guide as my default screen reader with jaws 6 in the "

Do the following steps to change your clock time. This applies to windows 98
and windows XP.

1. Open up the start menu.

2. Down arrow to settings and then right arrow onto "control panel where you
press the enter key.

3. Press the letter "D" till you come up with "date and time". Press enter
key again.

4. Now  as you tab key along you will encounter the following items.

Month "set the month here by up or down arrows.
Press your tab key.
Year: "Arrow up or down to fix the year".

Press the tab key.
Calander: "use arrow keys to set the correct date of the month".

Press your tab key.

Hour: "use arrow keys to fix the correct hour of the day as your clock or
watch tells you.

Press the tab key.

Minute: " use arrow keys to set to the correct minute of the day".

Seconds: "arrow keys to set correct seconds".

Press tab key till you reach the "ok button" and press the space bar to
finish.

5. Now just close the control panel with "alt plus F4" and you're done.

I don't think guide or jaws would have any effect on how your time is
running Thomas. A change in time can result from any of a number of reasons.
Set it correctly for now and see how it runs.