[vip_students] (VIP_Students understandIng and Using Twitter better

  • From: Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya <ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 02:03:30 +0100

Hello and happy new year all,

You might have become tired of facebook in the last 12 months if you
are like me who takes time to craft what I consider a well-thought-out
post only not to get any comment and maybe one or two likes from a
friend list of about 700 facebook users.

I was discussing my frustration with a very close friend (both in real
life and on facebook) and she suggested twitter as a better platform
for me to be heard and improve my reputation.

Now, the thing is, I’m not new to twitter; I’ve used the standard
twitter web site both on my PC and on my Symbian phone for about four
years. I’ve even used twitter through EasyChirp – easychirp.com and
easychirp.org – as well as Tweetcaster and Tweetings for Twitter –
both apps on android.

But then, I know there’s much more beyond composing 140-character
tweets. You must be able to and be ready to follow treads to your
tweets, reply publicly and sometimes privately, among other things.
How can a person who is totally blind be effective in all of these and
even more required to be a success on twitter? I will be glad to know
of your recommendations of ways to improve my understanding and use of
twitter – including learning from web sites, books and other sources.

Thank you.

--
Regards

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya

Communications Professional, Broadcast journalist and Accessible Technology
Enthusiast/Trainer

M.A candidate
Department of Communication and Language Arts
University of Ibadan
Ibadan, Nigeria

MOBILE: +234-802-944-9441; +234-809-964-9514

e-Mail: ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx

SKYPE: ayoola.stephen.efunkoya

Check out my profile and connect with me:

 Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on LinkedIn <http://ng.linkedin.com/in/ayokoya>

AyoKoya on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ayokoya>

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on Facebook <http://facebook.com/ayokoya>